I love buying new furniture! Well...I love having new furniture. Pete and I just made the second furniture purchase of our adult lives. The first was the armoire entertainment center which we love. And now we have a new red couch to go with it!! We bought a new couch and chair to replace the mismatched hand-me-down stuff we used to have. I can't discredit the h-m-d stuff because it got the job done. We should take a moment to honor the brownish yellowish chair with barns scenes printed on the fabric...it wins the blue ribbon for ugliest chair with longest tenure in the family. It is difficult for scholars to pinpoint the exact date, but we think the chair went out of style some time around 500 BC.
Here's the NEW chair.

And behind it hangs the new curtains I just made! I still have a few finishing touches to put on the curtains, but I'm pretty excited that the fabric goes well with the red furniture. Not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but the curtains are kind of a dark green with a goldish tint, and it has a swirly design.

Slowly but surely and slowly, this house is coming slowly together...slowly. But we're getting there!
1 comment:
Is it going slowly? I LOVE the red furniture!! I can't get a feel for the curtains so I'll just have to see it in person:-)
Post a Comment