Tuesday, September 18, 2007

16 weeks and counting...

We had our sixteen week dr appointment today, and all is well. Baby Vann's heart is beating strong at a heartrate of 150. I've gained six lbs total, and all six were gained over the last four weeks...Yikes! That's 1.5lbs/week, which is okay according to the books, but I'm going to have to get used to seeing that number rise. Also according to the books...baby is about 5 inches in length and weighs about three ounces. He is supposedly bouncing around like crazy, but I can't feel it because he weighs so little. I promise we'll post pregnant pictures soon. Only four weeks until we find out if he is really a he...or a she!!! Place your bets!

I think I'm totally over my morning sickness, and I've got ridiculous amounts of energy. I almost don't even feel pregnant, which made hearing the heartbeat today even more exciting.

I don't really have any other exciting updates. This stage of pregnancy is pleasantly boring. So for my next post, I will recap the top ten highlights of the first trimester. I would have posted the highlights here, but honestly I'm having trouble thinking of ten. It may end up being the top three highlights of the first trimester.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad to have the update! Can't wait to read your top ten (or 3):-)

holly said...

Glad to hear it's going well! We talked so much with Mellon & Anitra this week about being excited for you guys.

Abigail and Ansley said...

Thanks for the link! I can't wait for more updates! Congrats on a healthy checkup!