BOY!
We're pretty sure he will be Elijah Michael, and we'll call him Eli. Don't go get that embroidered on onesies just yet because we're not 100% sure. I'd say we're 85% sure...not an embroidery percentage.
Our ultrasound appointment was scheduled at 2:30, and then we had a 3:30 dr appointment scheduled right after. However, it didn't really work out that way. We were finally called back for the ultrasound at 3:30, which would have been fine except that our OB was holding his office open so he could see us. Also, because the center was behind they had to use every ultrasound machine...which meant we were using an old one. The technician was not familiar with the old machine, so she spent the next hour trying to figure out the machine in order to get pictures of all the things she was supposed to get pictures of. Fortunately, even though she wasn't familiar with the old machine, she seemed very familiar with identifying baby organs/parts. Unfortunately, she was not able to make the machine print any pictures...I was very sad about this. Another bummer about older ultrasound machines is that the mommy-to-be gets the worst seat in the house. I have heard that the new machines have a second screen that faces the mom so she can get a good look at her little one. At the end of the day, I can't complain because the ultrasound office is going to let us come back for another ultrasound on the new machines at no charge. Hopefully we will get to do the fun stuff at this appointment...like get prints of our little guy's face.
Ok, enough of the inconveniences...now let me tell you how wonderful it was to see the baby. I loved seeing that baby on the screen, and I loved watching Pete's face as he watched the baby on the screen. We saw our little guy sticking out his tongue, swallowing and punching. He had his legs crossed at the ankles. We saw a great looking spine, and best of all...a beautiful little face! I so wish I had a picture of that little face...I would probably stare at it all day. But patience is key. Also, after seeing the baby move on screen and feeling the baby move at the same time, I can now identify baby movement. Before the ultrasound I thought I had felt the baby move twice. And that was just two times when I really couldn't talk myself into thinking it was probably something else. But, now that I've seen him move while feeling it...I realize I've been feeling the baby move a lot more than I thought. So, the whole thing really was wonderful. I don't have the results of the radiologist's review or our OB's review yet. But the Vann review states excellent results.
I know I've been promising pictures, but blogger isn't letting me upload today. So again I have to say pictures to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea! A Boy!! I am so happy for you! Baby boys are pretty special. I can't wait to see pictures.
Alicia and Pete! I'm so excited that you're going to have a baby boy. (I love mine.:) )
Those ultrasound moments (esp. when you see the face) are so magical.
Congrats!
Daisha (Stockstill) Sheets
Post a Comment