Eli completed his first round of vaccinations. We spread them out so he got some at two months and some at three months. One thing I don't understand about vaccinations is the Hepatitis B shot. Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease that can also be passed by using dirty tatoo needles, and it is only effective for about ten years. Unless you have an EXTREMELY rebellious infant, I don't understand why they don't wait to give this shot until around age ten. I was planning to delay this vaccination, but I didn't get to because they combined it in the same shot as DTaP...tricky. So whatever...he's immune to hep B.
Eli has started laughing and crying differently. My sister refers to it as 'finding his voice'...which I thought sounded very appropriate. Eli has found his voice in his laugh and in his cry. He has also started reaching for things...a sign that sight and touch are now connected in his cognitive development.
So far June has been a month of cookouts and road trips. We went to AR to spend a little time with my sister and her family and then to introduce Eli to my G-mama, his great grandmother. We also stopped by to introduce Eli to Granny Judy, another great grandmother. Eli has now met all of the greats!
Here are a few pictures from Eli's three month photo session.
Eli's eyes are still very blue and very beautiful, and I'm starting to grow attached to them. If they change, fine. But I kinda hope they stay.
5 comments:
Alicia, He is BEAUTIFUL! I know boys aren't supposed to be, but as a mom of a boy -- He's beautiful! I know what you mean about the vaccs. I don't understand the logic either. Sounds like he is growing up fast. Hold on, it's a wonderful ride! :)
Absolutely adorable! Love these photos.
So cute. He has Pete's grin!
That last picture is my favorite--it's his impish grin!! Love it. ^_^ Congrats on a BEAUtiful baby. ^_^
Excellent pics, Alicia! I enjoyed reading the update. He is too cute. I'm thinking Hep B is a series of 3 shots that once complete, you're good for life??? Hep A is a series of 2 shots that does require 10 year boosters. Are they now recommending a booster for the Hep B one, too? Just curious. The recommendations could certainly have changed since I last read about it several years ago. You're right about it being odd to give an infant, if indeed a booster is required later. Hep A makes more sense to give to our littles ones! (And we had to ask for that one!) Go figure.
I'm so glad he did okay with his vaccines. Nice to have the protection they offer; nice to have one set complete.
Post a Comment