WALKING!!!
Our little guy took his first solo steps at 11 months and 1 day and he’s been unstoppable ever sense. Well, sort of unstoppable – he’s up to about seven steps before he either falls down or grabs hold of something. He LOVES to practice walking. I think that's because Pete and I do a big cheer for him each time, so he wants to do it again and again and again and again, but we love it too. The more we cheer the more he gets really excited, and the more he gets really excited the faster he tries to go, which usually ends up in two steps and then a crash landing – but we cheer regardless and he really seems to be catching on.
He has also learned to throw. Many times when we try to change Eli’s diaper, he tries to crawl or back flip off of the changing table, and many times it take both Pete and I to hold him still long enough to get a diaper even half way on him. This boy is all over the place! When I’m by myself I hand him something to play with in hopes of distracting him from the fact that he is being still and getting a clean diaper. Well this smart little guy has figured out my plan, and the last time I handed him something he threw it across the room!! I couldn’t help but be a little proud because he had learned the concept of throwing. Anyway, now instead of handing him something to distract him I sing silly songs and make a fool of myself - that seems to work – for now. And Eli enjoys throwing his toys occasionally when he plays, but thankfully he's not throwing very hard. Anyone got any tips on how to teach an 11 month old boy when, where and how hard it is appropriate to throw?? (...que crickets...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Eli is officially a toddler!! How awesome is that?!
Sounds like he's got quite an arm as well!! Wish I had some advice, but I'm still having trouble explaining the concept to my 2.5 year old!!
Hi I know that you will think who is this, but Pete should know. He knew my brother John Anthony at Harding in pipers and I spent time with him when I was there for a short while. I found your blog through Daisha's and was so excited. Congratualtions on Eil. Please pass this on to Pete and visit our blog. He won't recognise my surname as I am married now. Hope you don't think this is weird I was just so excitied to get back in touch.
Yep, that concept takes a while to hit home. When I change N's diaper I usually hand him something so he won't squirm. Not long and he's worked it into the crack between the changing table & the wall, lost until I decide to crawl under said table for retrieval!
Congrats to little Eli on walking! Can't wait to see him in action:-)
Post a Comment