Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Spring Holiday...what a load of bunny feces
I am a believer in religious holiday equality. If places of public service are going to put up a christmas tree...then they should probably be prepared to put up a menorah as well (and visa versa). We are a diverse group of people, and I have no reason to believe that the holidays one choooses to celebrate has any correlation to the destination of their soul (...within reason). But I did get slightly annoyed by an email I just received announcing the celebration of "Spring Holiday". We're not dumb...there is no such thing as "Spring Holiday". Like I said, I'm all about religious holiday equality, but I'm not all about religious holiday avoidance. Let's not make up new holidays just for the sake of not mentioning religious holidays. If people aren't celebrating Easter/Good Friday, then they are not celebrating...because there is no such thing as Spring Holiday. So just call it what it is. Or if you're going to rename holidays to keep things politically correct, surely you can come up with something better than Spring Holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AMEN Sister!
Post a Comment