
Papaw was diligently notating the minutes of our gathering.
As soon as everyone left...it was back to work! During the month of April, work-life balance became work-more-work-harder balance for both me and Pete. At the point where it almost became too much, Pete and I decided to skip town and run away. We packed up the dog and a map and hit the road heading east with no idea where we were going. After stopping for late night pancakes at cracker barrel, we changed our minds and decided to go west towards Amish country. When we got there the campgrounds were closed, so we set off in search of cheap lodging, and this is what we found...and boy was it funky.


Thankfully we had our own blankets, so we didn't really have to touch anything. And we were able to sneak Hugo in undetected. It was quite an adventure, and we loved it. After a restful night in a nasty motel, we took off to purchase amish goods and learn about Davie Crockett...apparently he was born in that area. I didn't know this at the time, but apparently the amish don't like to have their picture taken...and somehow this is rooted in their religious beliefs. Out of respect for that, I won't post our pictures of amish fathers with their sons on horse-drawn plows...and I won't post pictures of horse drawn carraiges riding along side cars on the busy highway. But I HAVE to post this picture.
We also decided on this trip that we're going to have to start saving up for some amish handmade furniture. The woodwork was amazing! ...so beautiful! Anyway, after buying amish homemade apple butter, jams, soaps and fried pies, we set off on the Natchez Trace...taking the scenic route home.
Another fun April moment was going to the Sounds game. Pete and I paid our respects to the Sounds after hearing that their downtown stadium deal fell through.

As part of the work-harder-work-longer balance, I had to go to Sarasota, FL for work (I know, tough job right? But it actually is). As soon as our work was done, my coworkers and took off to stick our feet in the ocean.

Along the line of "stories-that-could-have-been" in April, we had tickets to the opera and the ballet, but as part of the April work-work-and-only-work balance, we had to forgo both of those great events.
On an unrelated note, am I the only one who hated the two hour special of grey's last night?
On another unrelated and WAY MORE EXCITING note, CONGRATS TO PETE!!...who has just been cast in NSF!!
1 comment:
Go Pete, Go Pete...we expect photos!
Glad you survived April!
Post a Comment