This might make you cringe a little. I cringed a little when I first learned of this snack from my bro-in-law. But try it...it is wonderful. You have to like garlic, though. Take a piece of bread (preferably whole wheat) and lather it up with sunbutter (kind of like peanut butter except it's made with sunflower seeds). Roll or fold the bread to make a half sandwich. Peel a clove of fresh garlic and stick it in the sandwich so that you get the clove in your first bite. The garlic will be really strong with that first bite, but then as you eat the rest of your little sandwich, the flavors come together beautifully. Very nutritious and delicious! ...and a new favorite at the Vann home. As Pete and I were eating garlic/sunbutter sandwiches yesterday, I was thinking about how I never would have thought to try this unless someone had suggested it. So we are suggesting it to you now. However, we should warn you, you may want to make sure your significant other likes garlic too as you will wreak of garlic for awhile.
Health benefits of garlic include: helps strengthen the immune system, lowers cholesterol, helps control blood pressure, helps fight cancer, kills bacteria, and fights fungus (to name a few).
Health benefits of sunflower seeds: lowers cholesterol, excellent source of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that assists in the prevention of cardiovascular disease and reduces signs of aging, a good source of magnesium and selenium which have been shown to prevent several different types of illness including asthma, migraines, and arthritis (to name a few).
My blog statements have not been reviewed by the FDA ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment