Friday, March 07, 2008
The No-Baby Blues
Warning-I've spent 40 weeks staying positive, and I'm about to unload some serious complaining. We are 41 weeks pregnant ... mother nature can be so cruel. I have spent 40 weeks working hard to feel good and stay positive, and it has been a wonderful 40 weeks. But let me tell you I can't think of many things in life worse than the 41st week of pregnancy. My sanity has spread so thin. The problem isn't physical...it's totally psychological. One of the biggest most important moments of your life is about to happen any moment ... okay, not that moment, but it will probably happen today ... okay it didn't happen today, but be excited because it could happen in the next hour ... and so on and so forth FOR DAYS AND DAYS. I have to try NOT to be excited so that I don't completely lose my mind. It's the whole 'watched pots never boil' routine ... but exactly how do you not watch the pot when it just continues to get larger inside you. I've been a pretty laid back pregnant women for 40 weeks, but all of that changed in the 41st week ... now I'm getting really worried about the baby being too big...meconium in the amniotic fluid...the placenta failing and I don't notice...all of the risks associated with overdue babies. I'm a huge (and growing) lump of stress, hormones, and insanity. I haven't even had a contraction in like three days, and I'm not even totally sure what I had three days ago was a contraction. I'm done. I'm completely done being pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so sorry you are dealing with 41st week blues! Praying for baby to come soon!
You don't know me (I'm a friend of Pete's from the theatre department) but I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. I'm sure you must be miserable and I really hope Eli decides to show up soon.
Best,
Tiffany
Alicia... I'm totally impressed that you made it this far before you were "done." I hit that mark at about 33 wks. with Gideon and at 30 wks. with Naomi.
You are a trooper.
Every time I think about pregnancy, I remember that I made my mom be pregnant for 43 weeks. I never appreciated what that meant until I was pregnant.
Hang on... he'll be here soon.
-Daisha
Oh, Alicia. I, too, am sorry you are having to be pregnant for so long! I was 4 days past my due date with Mackenzie when I finally did go into labor on my own. I'll spare you the details of the whole ordeal. Suffice to say, things did not go smoothly. You really can induce, if you are worried about the risks of the baby being overdue. I'm assuming that your doctor is considering the size/measurements of your little boy? Is your cervix ripe? Just curious. No matter. He WILL arrive one way or the other...and SOON! (Most doctors won't let you go past the 42 week mark as you really are asking for trouble at that point.) Hang in there. Know that you will be just fine. Know that VERY SOON you will be holding your little boy in your arms. Know that we are praying that his arrival will be a safe, smooth one for the both of you!!! We anxiously await the first of many pictures to be added to your blog!!
Just checking in on you.
You are far more brave than I was. I made it to 40 wks 1 day and cried "Induce, Induce, Induce"
Post a Comment