I promise this will be the last time. Then it's back to sharing the fun stuff.
Today officially marks the end of the 41st week of pregnancy, and now we're rounding the corner into the 42nd week. During a sad attempt at shaving the other day, I thought of a way to illustrate what it's like to be 41 weeks pregnant. Imagine you have just run 26 miles of a marathon...you round a corner...and there is the finish line. Being so close to the finish line gives you a burst of energy, so you speed up a little for that last stretch. You get really excited about the fact that you are about to accomplish something huge. Ok, so now imagine someone picks up the finish line and starts running with it just a few feet in front of you. A little frustrated, you speed up again because now you're trying to catch the guy running with the finish line so that you can cross it. Now you've run 28 miles...killing yourself because the finish line is so close you can see it, and if you could just get there it would all be over! You know that technically you already finished your marathon at 26.2 miles, and now you're just feeling really frustrated because you can't cross the finish line. I've never run a marathon, but if this ever happened to me, I think it would be a lot like the 41st and 42nd weeks of pregnancy.
I've spent a lot of time over the last few days researching natural ways to induce labor, and so far I've been doing almost all of them. There are a couple that I'm really not desparate enough to try (e.g. castor oil and three hours of nipple stimulation?!?!?). But I've been eating bell peppers, jalepenos, eggplant parmesian (loaded with oregano and basil), etc. We've tried accupressure points, evening primrose oil, cinammon tea, rasberry leaf tea, a little romancing. I go for walks every day (sometimes two walks a day) and then spend time on the yoga ball (a.k.a. the birthing ball). So far ... nadda ... no baby. I'm open to other suggestions if you hear of any.
I'm about to go watch a run through of the show Pete is rehearsing. From what I hear it is ridiculously hilarious, so maybe I can laugh this baby out. We go for our 41 week OB appointment tomorrow, and I may be crying "induce, induce, induce" as well!! We'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Bless your heart! Keep us posted.
Come On, Eli! Praying for his safe and SOON arrival!
You have actually had the best attitude of most pregnant women that I have talked with. You are always smiling and look so beautiful! I don't think I have heard you complain once except maybe to say that you just can't wait to meet Eli. You definitely have permission to vent a little! I hope your finish line quits running away, and Eli arrives soon! Hang in there!!!!
Just checking in on you. I'm driving myself crazy checking this blog multiple times a day. I hope Sweet Baby Eli is here and in your arms!
Hey alicia! I just found you through amanda's blog. I am so happy for you. I am sure you have already had your little one by now. I can't wait to keep updated on pictures. By the way, you are a beautiful pregnant momma!
I'm very excited to hear all about Eli! I'm assuming by now there is news to be shared. I'm checking your blog frequently and looking forward to seeing him! I'm continuing to pray for all 3 of you. Hope all is going well for you.
Waiting for the big reveal!
I'm also part of the waiting crowd. I hope you have a big announcemnet soon! I know you're SO READY to have little Eli here!
pictures PLEASE!!!!
Alright, Alicia. So. I realize you are busy these days...but I'm just certainly that one day I will check this blog and you will finally have made the announcement of Eli's arrival. I know he was born quite a long time ago now...Amanda forwarded the emailed pics. He is adorable! Congratulations! But I am still looking foward to reading all about his arrival on your blog.
Post a Comment