Monday, April 14, 2008

Introducing Eli

After 41.5 weeks of pregnancy and over 38 hours of labor, Eli finally arrived...and he's so worth it. He was 8lbs 4oz and 20.5 inches long. This is Eli and daddy on Eli's first day home. Eli was still a little jaundice here, but that eventually cleared up.

This was our first outing. We took Eli to the pediatrician's office at six days old for a weight check. Again, he was born 8lbs 4oz, but he was only 7lbs 14oz when we left the hospital. By six days old he was already back to his birth weight. By 15 days old he was 9lbs 3oz. The pediatrician said I must have high octane milk :)

This is what I woke up to one morning. I had to take a picture...I never want to forget it.

Here are a few more pictures from 2.5 weeks...



Eli is now one month old. Here are a few pictures from Eli's one month bday. Eli got to meet his Uncle Patrick and cousins Camille and Nathan (he had already met his Aunt Amy)..



Having Eli has been amazing. Every day brings it's own series of challenges and rewards. I'm having to type one handed, so I'll have to post stories another time.

8 comments:

Amy said...

FINALLY!! Not like you've been busy or anything ;-) So adorable and glad he's here! We enjoyed the visit!

April said...

OH, ALICIA! He is adorable!!! A great big THANK YOU for the post introducing Eli! I realize life is probably crazy for you right now, but I so enjoyed seeing the pics of Eli and hearing the nutshell version of the labor and delivery. I look forward to the in-depth version sometime when your hands are free, but I really am glad to hear that all is well in your world. Congratulations on a perfect little bundle...and that breastfeeding is going so well! I loved that...and miss it!

Holly said...

Thanks for putting some pictures up- we've been anxiously waiting! He is too cute for words and we are so happy for you and Pete. You will both make great parents.

holly said...

He's absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing the new pics!

Tiffany said...

He's absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!!!

The Root said...

Painfully cute. :)

Josh and Marcie said...

Alicia, this is Marcie Hydrick (Parrott). Eli is beautiful. I bet you are having the time of your life. Good for you. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see pictures of little Eli. He is just adorable. I'll be checking periodically to watch progress! Congratulations to the whole family.