Sunday, July 20, 2008

Homage - part 1

I was going through iphoto trying to organize pictures, and I got a little sentimental. We are so blessed to have such a great family...including some of our closest friends. So I decided to publicly pay respect to some of the greatest people on earth.

So here is part one of our thirty-two part series ... better know a Vann.

We begin with Randy (a.k.a. Daddio and more recently Gramps). Gramps is one of the kindest and most giving persons out there. I can see in his face how much he loves Pete and how proud he is of his son (and grandson).

Proud new Gramps with baby Eli:












(These are all post break-in pictures of Gramps. Unfortunately, all of the pre-break-in pictures are on the computer that was stolen. We're still working on trying to get them off my ipod.)

This is the armoire that Gramps built for Eli's nursery. It is beautiful! A display of great talent and craft. Gramps has a lot of artistic talent...which is where I assume Pete inherited his artistic abilities.


We're pretty sure Gramps knows everything there is to know about cars/engines. This is the motorcycle that Gramps restored for Pete.


We love you, Gramps!!

No comments: