Friday, August 22, 2008

Eli's 5 month update

Recent developments - singing and teething. Eli loves to sing especially at night. He has been making some interesting noises for weeks, but just recently he has started singing softly to himself. He sang himself to sleep last night. He was still barely awake when I put him in his crib. He sang softly, off and on, for about ten minutes before he was totally asleep. It is so precious - adorable - hilarious. Eli has also officially started teething. It hasn't been too bad, but there are times when the little guy is obviously uncomfortable. So far we've made due on cold wet washclothes and Haynes teething tablets. Night time is still a bit of a challenge. We're still getting 6 and 7 hours sleep stretches, but it's been awhile since we've seen an 8 hour stretch. I'm probably partially to blame because I don't really push the issue.

Eli weighs 17lbs 7oz and he is 25.25" tall - amazing - you just want to squeeze him. Here are some of his 5 month photos.

Playtime pictures:

Eli has really taken an interest in Hugo and Cecil lately. Here are a couple of Eli/Hugo moments.






More fun five month photos.

My favorite.


Pete's favorite.














6 comments:

Amy said...

Too cute! I love his adorable expressions in the pics:-)

April said...

I love all the pics! He is a cutie. I love the description of him "singing" himself to sleep.

Deborah said...

He is so adorable!!

And Alicia, please tell Pete that my kids think we are the coolest because we went to college with "The Cheater"! Pete, thank you for providing a glimpse of good acting to that movie. Oh well, our boys love it and Caleb wants to be Bibleman for Halloween. So watch out, Cheater!

Mindy said...

what great pics you got! Did you guys take those yourself or get them done? He is totally looking like his daddy to me, but I still see glimpses of his mommy in him too! Good to see you incorporating the dog into some Eli pics. They start to get so left out, dont they? :(

Brittney said...

Hey there...I agree with Pete. His favorite picture is so cute!!! Love that big ole grin!

Holly said...

The last one is my favorite love the video of him laughing- too cute!