But enough about life insurance and pacifiers, more importantly...the battle against stretchmarks. All of the pregnancy materials I have read say there is no cream, oil or lotion that will prevent stretchmarks during pregnancy. 90% of women get them, and it is primarily based on the skin you were born with ... slightly effected by your lifetime of skin care decisions (i.e., water consumption, nutrition, etc.). But I refuse to accept this. So I bought some of this...

So far I love it. I don't have a single stretchmark, but then again I'm fifteen weeks and barely in maternity clothes.
We go back to the dr next week for the 16 week visit, so hopefully I'll have more exciting updates after that.
4 comments:
Hooray for updates! Some of us are living vicariously through you, so keep 'em coming. (and by "some of us" I mean me, so...)
Here's to hoping Mama Bee works! Glad to have another update too! What car seat did you decide on? Did you read Consumer reports?
We're going with the Graco SnugRide infant seat, and then we're getting the Britax (probably the marathon) when the peanut gets to be 22lbs. We did look into CR, and it looks like they really like the SnugRide and Britax. We're going with an infant seat at the start bc the infant seat looked to be more comfortable for an infant. Also, we like that it doubles for a carrier/stroller insert.
Alicia... we're friends of Amy and Patrick and I wandered to your blog this morning over coffee :) Congratulations on your new baby on the way :) I have to say I am a firm believer in creams during pregnancy. I gained almost 40 pounds with our first pregnancy (so you can imagine the potential for stretch marks) but I used Palmer's cream that you can get at Wal-Mart for the entire pregnancy and ended up with only like two or three little marks around my belly button. So you keep creaming, I hope it works well for you!
Post a Comment